Friday, May 29, 2015

Treasure in Heaven

Matthew 6:20 - But lay up for yourselves treasure in heaven where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.

Treasures on earth: possessions, status (big in the Roman empire), accolades, money, security, safety, people, comfort.

Treasures in heaven: unimaginable love. I was talking with Peter about this. I was telling him how sometimes sick Christians, when told that they were gonna meet Jesus got better because of their hope. I asked if Peter wanted to meet Jesus and he said yes. I asked why. "To have the experience of all-surrounding love." No one can take that away. As Paul wrote neither height, nor depth, nor (add your own!) can separate us from the love of God.

How can I live my life today remembering that I am immersed, swimming in God's love? By sharing that love with others. Then I'll have heaven's treasure on earth - and so will those around me.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment