Sunday, May 24, 2015

Deliverance

Matthew 6:13 - and deliver us from the evil one/evil.

Could mean deliver us from the devil. Yet, I like deliver us from evil - its broadness deepens its meaning. Evil: systemic, individual, indifference, active, passive, thoughts, desires. Purifying our minds will help purify our hearts. William James: change your thoughts and you change your world. Jesus: out of the heart does evil come.

So. Need to keep praying for Mike and Eric. Even if I'm willing to stay at RPPC, I need to remember that we are all in this together. I feel very closed off to all except Peter and my family right now. I think my thoughts are my form of self-protection. I'm stalled in my life and so focus my mental energy on the defects of others. It is these little evils that add up to active evil.

I will pay attention to my thoughts today.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment