Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Anxiety and Trust

Matthew 6:30-32 - So if God treats the grass of the field, which today is here and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, this way, how much more will he give to you, you of little faith? So do not worry saying, "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or What shall we wear?" The gentiles strive after these things. Your heavenly father knows you need them.

Had a migraine yesterday. I'm still woozy and this will be easy today! Yet, how often do we spend hours trying to decide what to wear in the morning or what to eat for lunch. Is it excessive? Perhaps I need to look at how I use my mental energy each day. Not even being anxious, just being indecisive. Food, clothing and drink are not life or death choices.

I think this is why I have an issue with this new "foodie" culture. There is a certain snobbishness around it. It is clearly an indictment of this focus on adventures in eating. The flip side is where is our food coming from. Food can hurt others if we are supporting unjust systems in our food choices. Also, are we supporting food deserts in some way?

Clearly my brain is not working as well as I hoped this morning. There seem to be several issues around food here.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment