Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Faith

Matthew 8:10-12 - And Jesus said, "Nowhere else in Israel have I found such faith. I say to you that people shall come from the east and west to eat in the kingdom of heaven but the heirs to the kingdom will be sent into the outer darkness, where there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

In other words, the Jewish people had no faith and would be outside of God's kingdom. What an indictment. Of Israel yes, but also of Christians today. We might consider ourselves heirs of the kingdom, yet we, too sometimes stand on our laurels. We forget that following Christ means doing as he did; loving and accepting everyone. Time and again he is shown interacting with society's worst (then) and finding something redeemable in all of them. Each and every one. It is my goal to have that same love for others. I think I especially need it for Peter today. I made it a little rough yesterday.

Thank God he continues to give us grace anyway! Else I would have none.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment