Monday, July 27, 2015

Blasphemy

Matthew 9:3-4 - And seeing this, some scribes said to themselves, "That is blasphemy." And Jesus, knowing what was in their minds, said, "Why do you think evil in your hearts?"

Blasphemy. Because Jesus was saying that he had the power to forgive, which belongs to God alone. Provocative! And the scribes cannot help themselves. They react - even in their hearts. How many times have I been the scribes as depicted here? I sometimes think I am being that way around RPPC. But, I remember how hard it is to be there and I know that I made the right decision. But, I can still be a scribe, a rule-minder and a critique of others who don't mind the rules. And it helps no one, which is what makes it evil. Outside of the fact that they were mistaken, it is evil because it allows no room for the spirit and is a sign of a small heart.

I come by it honestly, but that is no excuse. So, just for today, I will mind my own business and not get involved in others' actions. Whether they concern me or not. My focus is meant to be on Jesus and God's presence. I choose to open my heart to others as much as possible and to do my work today.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment