Monday, November 7, 2016

Tell No One

Matthew 17:9 - As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus strictly charged them saying, "Tell no one the vision until the Son of Humankind is raised from the dead."

I don't know how that was for the disciples, but hearing about Jesus raised from the dead after seeing the vision would probably overload my brain. Yet the disciples seem to take this without effort.

Anyway, I'm curious why Jesus didn't want them telling anyone. The one idea that keeps coming into my mind is that they didn't yet understand what Jesus was teaching them. They wouldn't understand until Jesus was raised from the dead. His resurrection would complete their knowledge and their discipleship. Of course, it can be argued that they didn't understand even then. I'm not sure what to think about that.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment