Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Faithless

Matthew 17:17-18 - And Jesus answered, "You faithless and perverse generation! How long am I to be with you? How long am I to bear with you? Bring him to me." And Jesus rebuked him, the demon came out of him and the boy was cured instantly.

Whoof. This is some pretty serious accusation! It seems Jesus is not being meek and mild here. Haha. This passage points out how far we are from where we could be. All of us. We can do nothing without faith. They could not heal the boy and we tend to fare just as well. Well, at least I can do nothing without faith. I can barely function without saying hi and spending time with God in the morning. I don't know how people do without that quiet time.

But, this passage is also very important for the United States right now. We have propped up similar people in other nations and the chickens have come home to roost. We are now doing it to ourselves. I'm worried about minorities. ... And in some way, we all belong to minorities. This is the time for faith to inform our actions. For faith to give us courage to fight the crappiness - the bigotry, the xenophobia, the unconstitutional plans, the bullying, the rape of medicare and social security for private gain.

Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief. Grant me courage to do what you would have me do today.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment