Friday, December 15, 2017

Advent Day 13

Psalm 130:6 - I am more eager for the Lord than watchmen for the morning.

I used to work the night shift (11 - 7) at two different jobs. I really get this verse! That yearning for morning to come so we can sleep. The ache of staying up all night. Our bodies aren't really meant to be awake at night so messing with that is hard on us. That's why no one really wants to work nights.

Waiting for the light. We're in the darkest month and days of the year and many of us yearn for more light. Yet, are we that eager to be with God? Not me. Well, sometimes. It's easy to be eager for God when we are in a dark place. It's more difficult (for me) to maintain that eagerness when everything is going well. If we truly want to pray with St. Francis "where there is darkness, light" we need to be in contact with that light.

No comments:

Post a Comment