Saturday, January 2, 2016

Kingdom of God

Matthew 12:28 - And if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the Kingdom of God has come upon you.

This makes me think of the line in the Lord's prayer: Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. I always think that when we do the Lord's will, we are in heaven; the Kingdom of God has come upon us. How beautiful.

Jesus was telling the Pharisees in plain language that they could get in on this good thing and they missed it because they preferred power and influence. They liked how things were and didn't much care that it wasn't good for others. I have this attitude much more often than I care to admit. So as an antidote, I'll remember that the Kingdom of God (read God) has come upon me and I will birth great things just as Mary did.

When I do God's will.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment