Thursday, December 31, 2015

Unity

Matthew 12:25 - Knowing what they were thinking he said to them, "Every kingdom that is divided against itself will be laid waste and every city or household divided against itself will not stand."

Jesus's response to the Pharisees accusations is a strong argument for coming to agreement and for adhering to any agreement even if one is against it. Communion is more than going along to get along. That does not heal rifts. Communion requires continual discussion of where things are at and continual assessment of our own willingness to be in communion in the first place.

It is easy today to point out people who are not doing this. But more important to think about my own household and my own unity within myself. Am I contributing to unity or disharmony? I will look at my actions today.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment