Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Burden

Matthew 11:29-30 - Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble of heart and you will find refreshment for your bodies. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

I feel like this is saying that we can do anything we have to one day, hour, minute or second at a time. Because God is carrying the burden with us. I like refreshment for bodies rather than rest for souls because using the word souls implies to me that our bodies are not important. Yet, they are. We are about to celebrate Jesus' coming down into a body and the hope that he brought and continues to bring. It all means nothing if he didn't have a body. Bodies are important - resting them and refreshing them is important.

Spending time with God refreshes our bodies and our spirits. And our yoke is then easier.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment