Sunday, December 27, 2015

Hope in a servant

Matthew 12:17-21 - This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah, "Behold, my servant whom I have chosen; my Beloved in whom I am well pleased. He will not quarrel or cry out; nor will anyone listening to his voice on the street. He will not crush a broken reed or quench a smoldering wick til he brings justice to victory. And in his name the nations will hope."

The servant of God from second Isaiah. The perfect one, the one who will neither crush the people nor quench their fire. He has been sent to the outcast (the bruised reed) and the lukewarm (the smoldering wick). He has been sent to proclaim justice for these. He will be non-violent and yet speak against the powers.

Are we called to these things as well? Yes. as we are able. Or maybe a simple yes.

The question for me is - How am I protecting the bruised reeds and the smoldering wicks that they might become whole?
B

No comments:

Post a Comment