Saturday, December 19, 2015

Accusations

Matthew 12:9-10 - When he departed from there, he went into their synagogue. And, behold, there was a man with a withered hand. And they asked him saying, "Is it permitted to heal on the Sabbath?" so that they might accuse him.

We continue to talk about the relevance of rules and how far it is possible to break them. We just heard about another healing and how mercy is what God wants. The Pharisees as depicted in this story are more interested in catching Jesus saying something they can discredit him for. They are more interested in holding on to their own power than in using that power to help others.

I can say that I have done this and probably am doing it in my work. I need to look at what power I have there and how I am using it; especially in regard to Alicia. But, once I start journaling today, I'm sure I'll find other areas - CPE, home, with family.

Do my actions say I'm more interested in having power or helping others with it?
B


No comments:

Post a Comment