Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Alone to Pray

Matthew 14:22-23 - Immediately he made the disciples get into the boat and go before him to the other side while he dismissed the crowds. After dismissing the crowds, he went by himself to the mountain to pray. When evening came he was there alone.

Finally! As you remember that was his original objective - to have time with his disciples and with God. Surely some of that time was also to be spent alone. And this is a model for us. That we do not always have to be busy, busy, busy - even when we're doing God's work. Self care is important and spending time with God in prayer and meditation is an important part of self care.

I worked full time last week and it took a lot out of me. I made sure that my travel time was not spent reading or staring off into space but in prayer and meditation. Don't neglect either the person in front of us or ourselves. That's a challenge to me.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment