Sunday, August 16, 2015

Perspective and discernment

Matthew 9:23-26 - And going into the house of the ruler and seeing the flute player and mourners, he said, "Depart, for the girl is not dead but sleeping." They laughed at him. After casting them out he entered the room, grasped the girl by the hand and she rose up. And the report of that went through the whole district.

So, in thinking about this I focused on the perspective of Jesus and that of the crowd. Jesus/God sees as we do not. We see the material reality - much like Sarah - but God see the possibilities latent in all of us. That is why discernment is so important. There is not one way of seeing any situation. Jesus presents a different perspective and he is laughed at. How many times have we laughed at someone with a different perspective?

In thinking about my next move in ministry, I am realizing there is not one answer to where God is calling me. Discernment is necessary to see another perspective on my choices. God can work with any action we take or situation we find ourselves in. Today I choose to look for another perspective on things.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment