Thursday, April 30, 2015

Anger

Well, this is appropriate!
Matthew 5:23-24 - When you are on your way to the altar to offer your gift and there you remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift, go to your brother and be reconciled, then come and offer your gift.

Reconciliation is more important than offering money. Reconciliation - opening ourselves to love is more important than supporting the "church." Reconciliation is where it is at.

So where am I in this process of reconciliation? Peter and I Tuesday had a disagreement about how to proceed to get on our way to Cleveland, which is frustrating because I had thought we had a plan. I woke up angry and upset. I did not let it carry over, which is good - partially because I went out with the bus. That is like an offering to God. I need to not be angry at others. I am able to both hear God's call and to follow when I am not focused on my anger. Reconciliation clears out the heart's channels of that anger - however justified - and makes room for God's voice to be heard. It makes room for love to act and flow through our actions.

Next week, I want to think about trusting God. I did trust her these past days. Yet, I am going to have to keep coming back to trust that I am not in control and I can only do what I need to for me. In this situation, that means I will take pictures, I will respond to Peter's actions rather than his words. He says he wants to go, yet he does not seem ready. Therefore, I will continue to make plans here. There is no rush. This may not look like reconciliation, yet it is. I am giving him the time he needs rather than trying to get him to move. It is not my call to go to Cleveland, it is his. It is up to him to decide once and for all how to follow it.

I believe, Help my unbelief!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment