Sunday, April 9, 2017

Two or Three

Matthew 18:20 - For wherever two or three are gathered in my name, I will be with them.

This is the completion of the previous verse - assuring us of God's desire to give us, God's children, good things. The implication is that with the spirit, we will only ask for that which is good for us? Yet, I have heard prayers for some pretty nasty stuff. Perhaps the technicality here is "in my name". The name Jesus is not a talisman although the verse reads that way.

It is as a representative - I wonder if it means something similar to "image of God." Coming in someone's name as being their representative rather than their puppet master.

Jesus is with us when we come in his name - however, that implies that we will act as he acted, love as he loved, live as he lived. WWJD - What would Jesus do - writ large.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment