Thursday, January 26, 2017

Lost

Matthew 18:11 - For the Son of Humanity came to save that which was lost.

Boy, do we need this now! This is a verse that seems to have been added later (It was not in my text but in a footnote). However, this verse has been helping me get through these last days and weeks. The traitors have won and are in the process of dismantling our democracy. It is horrifying. And I guess we had it coming. Although, really, the people who perpetuated crap in our name had this coming and they are not those who will suffer.

Yet, on the other hand, what makes us so special that these things should not happen to us? Why not us? The real question is - what to do now? How to resist? How to take care of my self in this madness. How to not become lost in the process of finding the lost.

I know Jesus means those who have fallen away - such as those who are perpetuating this madness - yet, there are other ways to be lost. Grant that I might reach all that God would have me reach today.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment