Monday, October 31, 2016

Arise and Fear Not

Matthew 17:7 - And Jesus came to them and touched them saying, "Arise and fear not."

So easy to say and so hard to trust God. There are so many areas where I fall short of this. I can't even trust my spouse - how can I trust God. In some ways those are the same thing. Trusting God that whatever my spouse does things will be okay. I just see so many people for whom they are not okay. Forgotten people, lost people. It makes it hard for me to trust that I will be okay.

And yet. That is what Jesus asks us to do - fear not. Trust me. I am here. Today I choose to start over - already screwed this up! - and trust, trust, trust. Even if I have to keep going back and starting over. It will come. For me, possibly on my death bed ...
B

No comments:

Post a Comment