Friday, September 18, 2015

Hospitality

Matthew 10:15 - I tell you it will be better for the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah than for those towns.

Because they were not welcoming. Not so much because they wouldn't hear the message; they did not receive the disciples and give them a place to stay.

And I too have not been welcoming. I came home from shopping this morning to find that one of the Roldan's had again parked in our garage. They would not answer the door. I was so angry, I asked Peter to call and then come over and see if he could get them to answer the door. I did not treat Peter well. I was not welcoming to the Roldan or Peter.

So, I will let Peter know when he comes home that I am sorry. I will let him know this was because I have not been taking care of myself emotionally. I have been angry these past few weeks and have not done anything about it. So, the car in our garage was the last straw.

I realize I am angry because I am tired of fighting for every single thing - even things that I should not have to fight for. I am angry at Eric for ignoring me, I am angry at Roldan for making his problem my problem, and I am angry at Debbie for not really standing up for me, and at Peter for thinking an email would be a sufficient way to deal with the garage issue. I am tired of being taken advantage of - especially in my own home. I would like to be more welcoming but for that to happen i need to feel supported by my husband and my neighbors and my church. And none of those things is true this morning.

So, how to welcome them anyway? How to welcome the difficult people? How to welcome those who might again hurt me? I cannot do it on my own. God, you're gonna have to.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment