Monday, July 4, 2016

Great Faith

Matthew 15:28 - And Jesus answered her, "Great is your faith! It will be done for you as you wish!" And her daughter was healed in that hour.

Faith - it's what leads us to persist in a course even though there are small or large obstacles in our way. Faith in ourselves, faith in others, faith in God. It's what gets us through the shitty days of Brexit and xenophobia here in the US and in the UK. It's what sustains us through loss of jobs and uncertain futures. Faith in God's faith in us to be able to work through the next steps, to keep persisting in seeking justice although it doesn't seem forthcoming or we won't see it in our lifetime.

When reading things like this all I can think is, "I believe! Lord help my unbelief." Help me to have your faith in me.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment