Sunday, July 17, 2016

All were healed

Matthew 15:29-30 - Jesus went on from there, passing along the Sea of Galilee. And he went up on the mountain and sat down there. And great crowds came to him bringing with them the lame, the maimed, the blind, the mute, and many others, and they put them at his feet. He healed them all.

The thing that strikes me about this passage today - after several weeks of violence around the world is that Jesus did not ask whether these people deserved to be healed. He healed them. He loved them. I am striving to be like that in my ministry. All are worthy of being thought of respectfully - even if I am not able to do so because someone has hurt me. We are all doing the best we can. My feelings of anger around Kim are because i do not want to feel the fear of jumping - again - into the unknown of Cleveland. My supervisor can take care of Kim just fine. I do not have to do anything today.

Open my heart Lord to love as you loved, remind me this day that all are worthy to be healed.
Amen
B

No comments:

Post a Comment