Friday, September 23, 2016

Peter's Reaction

Matthew 16:22 - And Peter took him aside and rebuked him, saying, "God forbid, Lord, that this should happen to you."

Because what Jesus has just said has dashed Peter's hopes of raising an army to confront Rome. Jesus has just told them that he would be humiliated and die the death of an outcast. How horrifying for Peter to hear that! He left his family and his livelyhood to follow Jesus. It is understandable that he would panic and react. I would too. He is thinking about Israel and Jesus but he is also thinking about himself and his family - what will happen to them?

So, for today I want to think about where I am called and what I am called to do, on the things of heaven. I will admit my panic and feel it and move on.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment