Friday, September 16, 2016

Binding and Loosing

Matthew 16:19 - I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

So, when I used to read this, I would think about binding prisoners and loosing them; making laws binding on all or loosing them. But I have begun to think about binding and loosing differently: Isaiah talks about binding our wounds - God binding our wounds. What we bind down here is bound in heaven. When we heal others, we heal them for eternity. The same goes with loosing - loosing/loosening the bonds that hold people to addiction, slavery, oppression.

We have a long way to go on both counts. It's time for me to take this verse more seriously. What can I bind or loosen today?
B

No comments:

Post a Comment